Renovations are tricky projects as contingencies need to be in place to deal with unanticipated site conditions. What could look like a straight forward renovation could quickly change as unanticipated problems arise.
Taking an existing building and either upgrading it or changing the use of it brings a variety of potential challenges. Some of the typical issues we encounter with building renovations are:
- Encountering asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Required sewer, water and electrical power upgrades not covered in the original scope of work
- Concealed issues due to water ingress or dated construction practices
- Materials and systems which need to be replaced due to non-efficiency
- Seismic and building shell upgrades
Our job is to stay on top of potential issues and deal with them quickly and efficientlys they arise. Our industry experience means that we have the team available to deal with issues quickly, no matter what the challenge may be.
If you are considering a renovation project, it is highly recommended to engage a contractor early in the process to help identify and minimize the renovation challenges.